We took another girls day and went up to Salt Lake for the Festival of Trees. We had a good time enjoying the talents of other people. There were so many beautiful trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses, quilts, and other odds and ends to see. Some of the trees were funny, others were sad. The proceeds all go to the Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake, so many of the displays were dedicated to children with illnesses or who have passed away. Reading their stories broke my heart. How grateful I am to have a healthy baby girl!!
Avery loved it. There were so many kids for her to see, bright lights, fun colors, etc. She is also learning to wave, and spent much of the day with both arms in full swing, saying hello to whomever we passed.
I took the next two pictures for my sister Allison. She loves ice cream, and so do I. This display was called Happiness = Ice Cream, and included all things ice cream. There was even a year supply of ice cream from the BYU creamery. I wished that I could have bought it. Yum, yum, yum.
I had to get a close up of the ice cream cone nativity. So cute!
And this gingerbread house picture is for my wonderful husband, Josh. I thought he would be impressed with the hobbit homes...I certainly was.
that is the best display. i love it!!
ReplyDelete