This August, we got the amazing opportunity to visit Montana with some friends. As part of our trip, we got to see a lot of Glacier National Park. The views were breathtaking and we loved every minute of it. I'll let the pictures below tell you what all we did, but I'll just say that we had a lot of fun. And despite Avery running a fever of about 102, she was a total trooper and I think she enjoyed herself too.
Our first "outing" was to Foys Lake, for boating. Unfortunately, as we were getting the boat ready to go at the dock, Avery got stung by a bee. So that put a little bit of a damper on things, but we still had a great time any ways. It was BEAUTIFUL!
The color of the water was just incredible. We found this to be true all over northern Montana. Almost every body of water that we saw had such an amazing, brilliant blue color to it. I LOVED it! We had some pretty good water and we all got as much skiing as our arms could take.
I just thought it was such a beautiful setting. I sort of felt like it was out of a movie or something. With the color of the water, the pine trees all around, and the big family cabins that lined the shoreline. I don't know, I just though it was really pretty and I had a lot of fun. Then again....I was on a boat. I LOVE BOATING!
Here's Avery feeling a little bit better...
That evening, we went to a park that had a gigantic duck pond. Here are our friends, Clay, Kaimee, and Ira Johnson. Kaimee grew up in Kalispell, MT and we were staying with her parents. The kids had a lot of fun seeing the ducks, geese and swans. That is until we got stuck in a downpour. Luckily there was a little gazebo close by and we ran for cover. The gazebo was covered in different tiles made by children and people in the community. They had uplifting sayings, pictures and ideas on them, so we got to enjoy looking at and reading those while we waited out the worst of the rain.
Our sweet Avery. Isn't she just the cutest?
The next day, Josh and I took a ride on a tandem bicycle, a very old tandem bicycle. And we had a blast! I love this first picture because it shows us laughing, something we did almost the entire ride.
We really had a lot of fun together and got a lot of great laughs in. I rode on the back for most of the way, and then I decided that I would like to try driving. Goodness sakes that was a lot harder than Josh made it look! I really struggled. But it made for a lot more good laughs, and no body got hurt. So all in all, I would definitely call it a success.
Here is Avery and her "boyfriend" Ira. He is the cutest kid and they really had a lot of fun playing together. They went up and down the stairs, chasing each other and screaming at each other I don't know how many times. It is so fun to see Avery interact with kids her age. She loves Ira!
Walk around the neighborhood. So pretty.
This was our first hike inside Glacier National Park. It was to Hidden Lake. We had a lot of cloud cover and would have liked seeing the blue sky, but it was a gorgeous hike anyways.
Lots of pretty wildflowers, which of course, I love.
The mountains were just really, really impressive.
This was our destination, a viewpoint of Hidden Lake, and it was so beautiful!
From the viewpoint...
This was right before Avery gave in a finally fell asleep.
One of the many scenic lookout points along the road inside the park.
The next of our outings was paddle-boarding. This is something we have been talking about doing for a little while now. My mom even jokes about doing it on Utah Lake...maybe we'll just have to!
Anyways, it was a lot fun. This picture is Josh and Clay going out about as far as the "swimming area" went. It really was a lot easier than it looked and Josh and I both found it really relaxing. Of course, we had to try to do some tricks and see how good our balance really was. Let's just say it wasn't…
Baby girl at the beach.
Our little beauty taking it all in and soaking up the sun.
They were a lot bigger than I thought they would be, but they were also a lot lighter than they looked. We had a blast!
The Johnsons.
This was the train station in Whitefish. It was a cute "Park City - like " town with a lot of upscale restaurants and shopping that we had fun walking around in.
So since we were so close to the Canadian boarder, we thought, why not just go!? So we did. Here is a picture of the view looking back at Glacier. The clouds make it kind of difficult to see, but the mountains were just so impressive, I was trying to capture their grander but I'm not sure that I really got close. Anyways, it was pretty.
Little did we know that it was going to take us FOREVER to get into Canada. I guess all of the Canadian Memorial Day-ers were headed home to start work and school again the next day. Here's a picture of the line up. Or at least part of it.
Avery was so patient. We ate a lot of snacks, went for walks, played games and sang songs to pass the time. She was so good.
The boarder.
This is the Cardston, Albert LDS Temple. This was the main reason that we went to Canada. It was really beautiful and I'm glad that we went, despite the traffic. As you can tell from this and the following pictures, Avery was excited to be out of the car!
Me and my man. Love him!!!
Playing peek-a-boo!
Running wild on the temple grounds.












No comments:
Post a Comment