On Wednesday, September 19, Josh got word that there were two tickets to the BSU v. BYU game in Bronco Stadium that had his name on them if he wanted them. Well...of course we jumped at the chance! I called my Mom and told her we would be coming the next day but not to tell the kids because we wanted to surprise them. As we got close to their house on Thursday afternoon, I sent Alli a picture of our tickets and told her to get Brooklyn and Jacob and come outside. They were pretty surprised to see us. We were so excited to be there!
I must say that I had mixed feelings about who I wanted to win the game. I essentially wanted a good, close game where both teams looked amazing. While a close game it was...it was pretty ugly on both sides. As my mom always says, "It's a good thing that there is more to life than football."
Josh and my Dad went to the game. Here are some pictures of the smurf turf. It was Josh's first time inside the stadium. Although the game didn't turn out as us BYU fans had hoped, they had a great time.
Here is a pre-game picture of Josh and Avery. Go Cougs! (Onsie compliments of the infamous Chelsea Borup) This is also Avery's 6-month birthday shot. I still can't believe how big she is getting and how fast she is changing. It is hard to believe that 6 months ago, we didn't even have her with us. She has brought so much joy into our lives over the past 6 months. What a blessing she is.
Saturday morning was game time for Brooklyn and Jacob. I didn't have time to get a shot of Brookie playing her soccer game because it got cancelled because of the smoke, but here she is in uniform with Avery. Below is a picture of Jacob playing football. Standing next to those little cheerleaders make me decide that I really, really hope Avery never has a desire to be one! Jacob did a great job in his game. I loved seeing both Jacob and Brookie play! For me, it was one of the highlights of the trip
On Saturday afternoon, Dad took us 4-wheeling with Grandma and Grandpa Bingham's 4-wheelers. So fun!
Here are Dad and Jacob.
Josh, Brookie, and Avery.
Brooklyn and Jacob.
Me and my Joshy. Ow ow!
On the way back, Jacob found this pig head along with the rest of its skeleton just off the trial. It was pretty nasty. But pretty cool too.
Saturday night was Homecommng for Alli. Here she is with her date, Collin Ray. She looked so beautiful! I was so proud of Alli for the choices that she made that night. Not only was she modest while many of her friends were not, she and Collin were also the only ones that were making good choices on the dance floor. I am grateful for her example to me of doing what is right. And did I mention, she looked so beautiful!!!
That's my big, little sis. Love you AL!
Avery has such good aunts. I am glad that she has so many good examples to follow.
We had a wonderful trip to Eagle. I think it was made even better by the fact that it was a surprise for all of us. The spontaneous-ness of the trip made it really special for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment